A Lesotho born multi-facet artist (author, curator, actor, musician, poet,
painter, storyteller, cultural activist/entrepreneur) who trained with Bloemfontein
college (Fine Art,1995), and trained with Soyikwa Institute Of African
* Currently composing and story story consulring music with Guy Mendilow Ensemble's Bow Music Story for American Schools program 2021
* Currently co-composing music for Mzansi Ballet's Golden Rhino
* Recently directed music of Maxeke meets Uhadi performed by Eastern Cape Ensemble for the opening of National Arts Festival 2021
*Released a single 'Likhomo Mats'ela' 2021
* Composed music for Vincent Mantsoe's 'CUT' (a collaborative short film) 2020
* Featured on Grammy nominated Ravish Momin and Val Jeanty's 'Turning Jewels into water' 2020
* Authored articles on the music of Basotho that are published Music In Africa portal, SAGE Publishing in 2017
* In 2016, Molikeng was the co-facilitator at the Music In Africa Instrument Building and Repair Workshop.
* As of 2016 he's been a visiting lecture at Wits University in Johannesburg, South Africa.
* Resident Kudu Horn player for JSE
- Tlokwe Sehume's Village Square, Market Theatre, January 2017
Acted in Ngugi’s THIS TIME TOMMOROW directed by Mufunanji Magalasi
- in 1998, v Played Octavius in Julius Caesar directed by Jerry
- Raletebele for Schools in 2000 v Worked with Zanendaba Story tellers
- Worked as a Story-teller at Drill Hall for Schools program 2005 v
- Scripted & performed one-hander shows THE CONE & “THIS OPERATION…”
- for Windybrow Festival 2000-2003 and they were both voted the
- best-written show & best new production respectively.
- INDUSTRIAL THEATRE: Performed in Blue Moon’s DE BEERS Carnival in
- 1998 & Win Win’s ANGLO COAL Siyaphambili in 2004
- Danced in Disemelo Khasu’s Kwassa Kwassa in 1999 & toured Gauteng
- Danced in Wits University’s Young choreographers in 1998
- Choreographed solo “I’ve got u babe” for Dance Umbrella in 2002
- Done workshops for Music In Africa, November 2016, (Musical Instruments making & repairs)
- Toured Lesotho(Maseru), Swaziland(Mbabane), Durban & Cape Town with Mpho Molikeng's "Of Bows & People Tour" in 2015 (ConcertSA supported iniatiative)
Worked with Drum Café and Drums and Rhythms from 2001as a drummer
and plays a host of many African instruments ( lesiba, ’mamokhorong,
setolo-tolo, mbira, djembe and others ) v Member of Methapo Sounds a
band that fuses African & Western instruments, and is one of Moyo
In music I play almost all Lesotho/South African indeginous instruments.
I have worked with a number of organizations and companies for development
and social and corporate events.
Co-ordinator at Creative Inner City Initiative (carnival school) 2002-05
Co-founder of Soweto Kliptown Youth in 1999 an organization
that’s hosting Soweto Play time & Soweto Mountain Of Hope in 2002 and
hosted children’s World Summit. Creative director of a school’s play
that was part of national curriculum development program in conjunction
with Wits University in 2005 Worked with Joubert park Project on
numerous projects since 2000 Visiting lecturer at Wits University’s
faculty of art-education (natural sounds and making music out of
recycled materials) in 2006 Currently embarked on a journey of
teaching people how to play and listen to Basotho music and touring
Africa and the world.